Joshua Glazov, a Principal in the firm's Construction Law practice, represents clients engaged in the following:
- Construction: Contracting to design and build commercial, industrial and residential projects, including office buildings, residential high-rise and low-rise complexes, manufacturing facilities, refineries and pipelines. He also advises those clients in design and construction disputes and insolvency proceedings, including advice on FDIC bank takeovers and receiverships.
- Timeshare: Developing, operating, financing and promoting shared real estate ownership regimes, including timeshare, fractional ownership, destination clubs, condominiums and cooperatives. He has also advised clients on effective responses to government investigations, law enforcement actions and consumer complaints, as well as critical inquiries and stories by investigative journalists. Josh works with clients to identify project finance needs and to secure appropriate financing through traditional loans, securities offerings and other investment vehicles. He has represented real estate owners, managers and operators in issues relating to distressed properties, bankruptcies and reorganizations, and has provided guidance on securities laws and their effects on ownership models and public offerings.
- Telecommunications: Negotiating master license agreements with property owners, as well as sub-license agreements with wireless communications service providers, for the placement of communications transmitters and receivers on portfolios of commercial property.
Josh is a leader in the integration of traditional real estate documentation with electronic media in a manner that enhances collaboration among project participants. For example, he has created Web-enabled and database-linked forms, construction contracts and other documents that allow more efficient organization, review and analysis of project information and the professional qualifications of potential project affiliates. He has also worked with the American Institute of Architects on development for the organization's Contract Documents software application.
IN THE PROFESSION
Josh is a member of the American Resort Development Association (ARDA), for which he has served on the Ethics Committee and as Chairman of the Model Timeshare Resale Act Task Force. He currently serves on the ARDA's Meetings and State Legislative Affairs committees.
Josh is the publisher of "Construction Law Today," a legal blog about design and construction contracts, disputes, finance and insolvency and actively tweets on these topics @joshuaglazov. He has also authored numerous published articles on construction and real estate-related topics such as:
- Articles on "Construction Law Today," a legal blog about design and construction contracts, disputes, finance and insolvency
- "Construction Contracts and Risk Allocation: The Owner's Perspective" for Construction Law in Illinois (published by the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education)
- FDIC bank receiverships and how the FDIC's extraordinary powers affect loan restructurings and workouts
- Fractional and timeshare development exit strategies, real estate broker licensing requirements, do-not-call registries and the Soldiers and Sailors Civil Relief Act
Josh has served as a guest lecturer in the LL.M. program in real property development at the University of Miami School of Law.
University of Miami School of Law
J.D., cum laude, 1995
George Washington University
Josh is admitted to practice in Illinois and Florida, and before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida.