Join the Team
Much Shelist embraces technology because it makes good business sense for us and our clients. We invest every technology dollar with an eye toward enhanced attorney productivity and client value. For example, our current offices feature an advanced infrastructure designed to support the firm's information technology needs for years to come. Building on that foundation, we invest annually in upgraded information and client communication technology.
As a pillar of our strategic plan, the firm is committed to acquiring and implementing competitive information technology that sets us apart from other law firms:
- Litigation Support: We utilize sophisticated litigation-support software packages, including CaseMap (case organization database), TimeMap (graphical timeline tool), LiveNotes (real-time deposition transcription), Summation (document and transcript litigation support), Law Bulletin Information Network Access Plus (electronic access to the state court's docket), and Pacer (electronic access to all federal court dockets).
- Environment: From our servers to our desktops and from our e-mail platform to our application support, we provide a stable environment to ensure optimum integration with our document management and communications systems, including Cisco IP telephony products.
- Document and Records Management: We use Microsoft Office products, along with Interwoven's FileSite, to create, store and distribute electronic records with top-level duplicating, scanning, high-volume faxing, mailing and messengering functions. The Elite Process Manager allows us to capture new client and matter data, create new files and integrate our InterAction contacts database. With the Elite Records Manager, we are able to make this information readily available to attorneys and staff via the WebView interface.
- Remote Access: Our attorneys have round-the-clock access to e-mail, voicemail and electronic documents from remote locations via mobile devices and a remote access server solution.
- Extranets: For certain clients and matters—especially those that involve high document volumes, urgent or shifting deadlines and the need for broad, accurate and rapid communications—we develop secure file-sharing systems to enable more effective management of cases and information.
- Practice-Specific Applications: The firm aggressively sources and implements software to meet the specific needs of our legal practices. In addition to the litigation-support solutions mentioned above, we use LexisNexis, Westlaw and other standard research tools, as well as CPi for trademark and patent work, Corporate Focus for corporate finance and securities matters, Estate Valuations & Pricing products for estate planning and wealth transfer, and the BNA suite of products for tax-related matters.