Commercial Real Estate: Purchases & Sales
Much Shelist attorneys have significant experience handling real estate purchases and sales ranging from small, straightforward deals to complex, multi-property transactions and real estate investment funds. Clients rely on us to negotiate and document the terms of these transactions, structure acquisitions to create tax advantages, oversee the due diligence process and successfully complete the transaction.
We assist clients in all aspects of these transactions, including:
- Assessment of and compliance with restrictions in leases, mortgages and other agreements
- Due diligence
- Environmental audits
- Analyzing tax consequences
- Negotiating all documentation relating to the transaction
- Structuring the entities necessary to complete the transaction
- Interfacing and coordinating with lenders
- Analyzing impact of purchase and sale transactions on real estate taxes
Many real estate transactions involve issues that extend beyond those traditionally associated with straightforward property sales or purchases. As a full-service law firm, we regularly tap into the knowledge of our colleagues in other areas to provide seamless service and coordinated solutions. We work closely with attorneys from our bankruptcy practice, as well as our colleagues in the litigation & dispute resolution practice, who help resolve disputes that arise between parties involved in a deal. And we regularly tap in-house resources when issues arise concerning tax-exempt organizations, government relations and other areas.