Much Shelist helps private equity funds, venture capital funds, independent sponsors, institutional investors and privately-held businesses capitalize on new opportunities. We routinely represent clients on both sides of the deal, and we understand the needs of both. Our attorneys frequently work with private equity funds to acquire portfolio companies, consummate add-on acquisitions, handle day-to-day legal work for portfolio companies and eventually sell these companies.
A special client niche is our representation of entrepreneurs. We understand the mind-set of entrepreneurs who may be embarking on the largest business transaction of their lives, and the private equity investors who have a penchant for entrepreneurial companies.
In connection with our representation of private equity funds and their portfolio companies, we handle all aspects and stages of related financing, including acquisition financing and ongoing oversight and management of credit facilities. Our attorneys work with clients to weigh the risks and rewards of potential investments and to structure agreements that minimize exposure while maximizing potential returns. We also assist clients with developing next-phase and exit strategies.
- Corporate governance and fiduciary duties
- Due diligence
- Distressed acquisitions
- Equity rights, transfer restrictions and exit strategies
- ERISA matters
- Intellectual property procurement, preservation and strategy
- Leveraged buyouts
- Management buyouts
- Public offerings
- Recapitalization and leveraged recapitalization transactions
- Stockholder, registration rights, voting and stockholder redemption agreements
- Subordinated and mezzanine debt, and structured finance transactions
- Tax-advantaged investment structures
- Permanent financing
2014/2015 Mergers & Acquisitions
You can view a sampling of recent transactions by clicking here: